Monday, June 4, 2012

Personal Update

I spent Last Tuesday through Thursday in Saint Mary's Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota.
I had abdominal pains so terrible I was actually in tears. I was making trips to the bathroom about 10 times a day with slight blood.
All the lab test came back normal other than a slightly elevated White Blood Cell Count indicating some infection.

I went into surgery for operation on a new fistula. I returned home on Thursday but still not pain free.
Friday I went in for a Remicade infusion. My infusions have been changed from every 8 week to every 6 weeks. I am back on Prednisone at 20mg for 1 week and taper each week by 5 mg. Also taking Tramadol, Flagyl and Cipro again.

I recieved the lecture on being a smoker and will be starting Nicotrol in the next day in order to take smoking out of the equation.

I have a followup CT Scan and GI appointment on the 18th.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Hope your IBD settles down and gives you a break soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Knowledge, Story or Comments

Skimlinks