Friday, June 1, 2012

PERSONAL UPDATE

I was just released from Saint Mary's Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota after having a fistulotomy.

I had an active fistula that needed to be opened up after 1,5 weeks of abdominal pain and bathroom trips up to 10 times per day.

The Remicade Infusions were supposed to induce remission and hold the fistulas in Check.

Blood Work has been sent in to evaluate the effectiveness of the Remicade on my system The results will take about 10 days.

The Gastroenterologist at Mayo Clinic is increasing the frequency of the infusions from every 8 weeks to every 6 weeks. In addition I will be going back on Prednisone for several weeks. 20 mg/ day for 1 week, 15 mg/ day 1 week, 10 mg/ day 1 week and 5 mg/ day 1 week.

I will follow up with my GI on the 18th after going in for either a CT Scan or Colonoscopy.

Just another experience with good ole Crohn's disease.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Knowledge, Story or Comments

Skimlinks