Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy to Provide Information About Crohn's and IBD's

When I was first diagnosed with Crohn's, I wanted to learn as much about my disease as possible. I read hundreds of websites and started thinking that I was spending hours upon hours searching for more information.

That is the reason that I wanted to start this Blog.

I hope I can provide a source of information that touches on as many topics as possible. In my research I could not find a single source to gain basic knowledge about my condition. There are many good sources but sorting through all the Medical Terminology took time because I did not know the terms being used on many of the sites.

My goal here is to provide a good starting point for people that are interested in learning about Crohn's and Irritable Bowel Diseases.

Please comment and if you have questions, please ask.

Bob

1 comment:

  1. Well here I am in Saint Mary's Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota which is part of the Mayo Health System.

    I started having abdominal pains about one and a half weeks ago. My bowel movements went from formed, once a day to diarrhea up to ten times a day with sporadic blood.

    A new fistula also developed and xrays and MRI shows inflammation.

    I will be going in for surgery to have setons placed in three active fistulas.

    My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning, fllowed by another MRI to look at my entire colon and small intestine.

    My Remicade infusions are being changed from eight weeks to six weeks and will be adding a corticode steroid to maintain inflammation.

    I am hoping these changes will induce and maintain remission

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Knowledge, Story or Comments

Skimlinks